SUCCESSFUL PILOTS OF COBBITTY 1.0 & COBBITTY 1.5
The objective of Cobbitty 1.0 was to disrupt traditional farming methods and find a better way to grow commercial scale aquaculture and horticulture in a sustainable way.
Cobbitty 1.0 is 5,000 sqm and is currently purposed to produce leafy greens & aquaculture, and has proved the concept of sustainable organic glasshouse farming through symbiotically combining crop and fish production. We continue to utilise this site for R&D and to refine processes across new varieties.
- Organically Certified fruits and vegetables and premium Barramundi.
- Increased crop yields per ha of between 10% and 30%.
- A wet food conversion ratio of 0.9 to 1. This means for every 900 grams that we feed the fish, we get one kilogram of saleable fish.
- Increased margins through higher farm gate prices (between 30% and 100%) for organic crops.
- Sustainable natural fertilisers generated from the aquaculture operations.
- Zero aquaculture toxic waste discharge.
- Automated processes for growing leafy greens with a 21-day growing cycle.
- Year-round supply of organic produce (and consistent cash flow).
- The only Safe Quality Food Institute certified (Level 3) glasshouse in Australia.
- Commercial income streams from fish sales.
- Potential to sell excess organic fertiliser.
Green Camel has worked with glasshouse industry leaders to design and optimise the new facility. Combined with our proprietary technology refined from Cobbitty 1.0 and Cobbitty 1.5, we’ve created a world leading best practice facility.
The Cobbitty 2.0 facility, when completed, will be the largest integrated fish and horticulture facility in the world.
The facility will provide the platform to attract new business and partners.
Green Camel’s design and integration template is referred to as the ‘Lego’ block. Our system is designed to be modular and scalable to suit a variety of size applications (just like Lego blocks), ensuring scalability and versatility.
The completed project at Cobbitty will be a showcase site to demonstrate GC’s ability to grow a variety of organic crops at a commercial scale, with annual production figures forecast to exceed conventional hydroponic produce.
In addition, the world-class facility will act as the training ground for managers of future sites.